Chicken Tray bake
It would only be right to start by sharing one of my favourite Jamie Oliver recipes since he’s already had a mention in my introductory blog. The very famous Chicken Tray Bake! This meal is so tasty, easy to throw together and requires little to no brain power (ideal after a long day at work). I have cooked it for the family a couple of times and even tried it when hosting a small dinner party and it went down an absolute treat.
Serves 4 – 6
- A handful of fresh basil
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 1 handful of black olives
- A small ciabatta loaf (torn).
- 8 free-range chicken thighs or drumsticks
- 2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes
- olive oil
- Chilli Flakes
- 8 slices of higher-welfare pancetta or thin-sliced smoked streaky bacon
- Heat the oven to 180c.
- Load the Chicken, Ciabatta, Olives, Tomatoes, basil and Garlic cloves into a baking tray that’s around 2.5 inches deep.
- Sprinkle with Chilli flakes (dependent on how spicy you’d like it).
- Drizzle generously with Olive oil and give it all a shake.
- Finish by laying the pancetta on top.
- Cook on the middle shelf for 50 minutes.
- Serve with any veggies of you choice. I usually go for long stem broccoli.
If you don’t want your pancetta or bacon all that crispy add this around 30 mins into cooking.
Get stuck in and enjoy!