22 degrees I hear you say? That’s right, and the country are already losing their minds (me included). So as I sit on my sun lounger, pimms in hand with a coat, shades and wellies on, I eagerly await the arrival of this much anticipated sun!
All the excitement has got me thinking about my Spring/Summer wardrobe that I’m part way through clearing out and replenishing, where I would like to visit on the few sunny days we will be blessed with this year and what books I would like to get stuck into. I’m usually awful for reading but whenever we get good weather I love nothing more than chilling in the sun for a few hours and getting lost in a book.
There seems to be a clear pattern forming in everything that I’ve saved into my wishlist; So I can see my wardrobe being predominately filled with Navy and White with the odd pop of colour. You just can’t beat these classic colours with a tan though.
Navy Bermuda Shorts
Navy Wrap dress
Straw Bag (This summers instagram cliche)
Crazy high jute wedges which are too cool!
White embroidered dress
Yellow embroidered top
Colourful and comfortable sandals (nothing worse than having to curl your toes to keep on a shoe ha!)
Places to visit (U.K based)
- Stow-on-the-Wold – A small Cotswold market town in the heart of Gloucestershire. My main reason for wanting to visit Stow is not only for the very pretty and instagrammable photographs I’ll get, but I’ve recently discovered a little independent shop through the power of instagram called ‘Meggies’ (@shopmeggies). She sells the most gorgeous little pieces, so I can’t see it benefitting my bank account in any way. Nevertheless it’s a good enough reason for me to go.
- Blenheim Palace (Oxfordshire) – Yep that’s right I’ve never been. No I don’t live under a rock. Every single Christmas I mean to book tickets to there light show but never get round to it or just completely run out of time, however, it looks amazing all year round and I’m just desperate for a mooch and to explore the gorgeous grounds.
- Neverland – Fulham Beach – I went to Neverland a few times last year and definitely plan on going again. I loved the atmosphere and how chilled it was. There are several street food stands, two bars and live DJ’s. If the weather is nice it’s a perfect hangout with a big group of friends.
- Midnight Apothecary (Campfire cocktails in the city) – Relax around a fire pit, indulge in their cocktails infused with ingredients grown in the garden or foraged nearby, cuddle up and watch the sun set over the river and toast marshmallows over the fire. Urm this sounds like Hygge at it’s best!!
Finally, I have had all three of the books below recommended to me by friends and have also seen them recommended on instagram. I have to read something gripping or something that I can relate to in some way otherwise I completely lose interest and apparently these books do just that.
- The Girl Before by JP Delaney
- The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena
- The Subtle Art of not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson
I’m not sure if i’ve written that list to benefit myself or you guys.
Anyway, enjoy and make the most of the weather! I will be doing very little other than working in an office (yay great timing sun) but making the most of OUTDOOR after work drinks with the girls.